Terms and conditions
20th International Audio Drama Competition 2022
- the audio drama has a maximum length of 45 minutes,
- the audio drama is spoken in German or English – other languages may be accepted as long as they are not essential for the understanding of the plot,
- the audio drama has to be transmitted in MP3 format (min. 192kbit),
- the audio drama is transmitted as a single track,
- the audio play is not older than two years,
- the production is an audio play or a sound collage (pure music pieces, individual episodes from podcast series or read stories can unfortunately not be considered),
- the piece is longer than three minutes (we are happy about shorter radio plays in the short radio play competition),
- entry deadline is February 1st 2022.
You have to use our web form for the transmission at www.hoerspielsommer-verein.de.
The competition of Hörspielsommer e. V. aims at makers of audio dramas in the amateur league. Therefore no more than three pieces of the director or author may be broadcasted or published. Excluded of this rule is broadcast by open channels (OC), amateur radio stations (AR) or locally non-commercial radio stations (LNR), and self-published as well as publishing on demand or as podcast (except for radio podcasts). The audio drama entering the competition may itself not been produced by order or in cooperation with a radio station (excluded OC, AR or LNR), and may not have been published in any way (except self-publishing, on demand or as podcast).
The participants agree to the storage and usage of their data for the purpose of conducting the competition. Beyond that the data will not be handed to any third party. In preparation and follow-up of the competition Hörspielsommer e. V. is authorized to present extracts of the audio drama and the teaser in various media and the internet as well as to present the audio drama in full length if chosen during preselection.
The participants agree to a storage of their mail addresses in order to send them further information about events and competitions of the Hörspielsommer e. V. in the future. This consent can be revoked at any time.
The participants declare that by entering the audio drama into the competition the rights of third parties are not impinged. The Hörspielsommer e. V. has to be kept free of third party claims. All participants have to obtain copyright permission for text and music before entering the competition. Those music pieces, for which GEMA fees have to be paid, should be listed precisely. This also applies when not the music piece played in the entry is listed at GEMA itself, but owned by a registered member of GEMA. Pieces with no GEMA fees should be given preference, if possible.
If the sent in audio drama is preselected during the competition for presentation to the jury, the participants agree that their audio drama will be published by Hörspielsommer e. V. on a CD or via download code. All rights stay with the authors and producers of the audio drama.
All specifications were made to the best of the participant’s knowledge. The terms and conditions were fully read and understood. The procedure of the competition has been understood and all questions have been clarified with Hörspielsommer e. V. in advance. The jury’s decision is final and there is no legal recourse.